Our Privacy Principles
If you read nothing else, please read this:
- The most fundamental privacy principle we follow is that by default, anything you post is private to you or who you choose to share with.
- Purple 33 is the custodian of data on behalf of the users that use Purple 33 App.
- At Purple 33 we believe that more transparency is better than less. We try to make our product easy to use, with settings and options that are easy to find and understand. This is good for privacy, good for the product, and good for our customers and users.
- We think that having more information be easily accessible and searchable wherever you go, whatever device you have, is better than having less. So this is how we built Purple 33. You the user determines your level of shared policies. Make your experience as private or as public as you the user want to be. Administrators have the ability to track user purchase info and administer points or deduct points.
Updated: January 20, 2016
This policy describes how Purple 33 treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Purple 33 App in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of the App.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Purple 33 account is an email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name, and your phone number. providing additional information about yourself in your profile, and Purple 33 has no control over such additional information collected. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other people on the App
- Billing information.Your security is very important to us our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information securely.
- Log data. When you use Slack, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Purple 33, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Purple 33 on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Purchase History. Purple 33 collects and stores purchase history, purchasing trends and other info regarding transactions made through Purple 33.
- Communication content that you send and receive within Purple 33. This includes:
- The message content itself. This content can include messages, pictures, files and video among other types of files.
- When messages or files were sent and by whom, when or if they were seen by you, and where you received them (in a channel or direct message, for example).
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Purple 33 may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Purple 33 service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a Purple 33 user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Slack secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Slack using Slackbot or other in-product messaging tools. For example, if, after, a few weeks of using Slack we notice that your notification setting is set to notify you of all messages, we may send you a Slackbot message that suggests you change this in case you are getting too many notifications. This is just one example of how we use information about your usage of the product to make suggestions to you.
- Email messages. We may send you service, administrative and promotional emails, We understand this is a privilege and we will not abuse it.
Contacting Purple 33
Purple 33, LLC
11924 Jefferson Blvd
Culver City, 90230